Friday, October 9, 2009

Etsy Seller Feature Green Eyed Butterfly

"Dancing"

This weeks Etsy Seller Feature is on Patricia Halstead from Etsy shop "Green-Eyed Butterfly". Pat was born and raised in New Jersey but currently lives in Diamond Bar, California, thirty miles east of Los Angeles. Pat sells her original art prints, ACEO's,original paintings, bibs, totes for children, shirts, and book plates in her Etsy shop. Each of her prints is an original drawn by Pat, colored on the computer and printed with a Hewlett Packard Pro printer using archival Vivara ink.


"Bird Floral"

"I love to draw and have been doing it for many years. As a grandmother, I particularly enjoy doing art for children's rooms."



"Print on Canvas"



What do you love about painting and drawing?
I have painted and drawn all of my life and it's just a natural way of expressing myself;
it's relaxing and gives me a lot of pleasure.

Do you have any formal training in painting and drawing?
I studied art, design and computer illustration in college and received a certificate in
design.

What attracts you to oil painting?
There are times that I enjoy oil painting but I usually prefer watercolors and computer
illustration.
For those of us who dont know, what are ACEOs?

I paint a lot of ACEO's which are art trading cards. These are always 2 1/2" X 3 1/2"
and are either originals or limited edition prints.

Do you have a favorite item in your Etsy shop?
Usually my favorite item in my shop is the one I just completed. I'm happy with the way
my "Dancing" print turned out which is my largest one, 14" x 18". It is very colorful
and was inspired by my grand daughter who loves to dance and always wears her sunglasses.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_2&listing_id=29055529&ga_search_query=dancing&ga_search_type=user_shop_ttt_id_7237070

Do you do your craft full-time?
I fit my artwork into and around my other responsibilities involving my husband who is retired and my family. I try to work on it everyday.



Where do you find inspiration for your designs?
I find inspiration for my watercolors and oils in nature; I love painting flowers. My whimsical
art work is mostly geared toward children and my grand daughter has been my inspiration for that.





"Bookplate"


"Baby Onesie"


What do you love about your business?
Since I love to draw and paint, having an online business is a way for me to showcase my
work. It also gives me great satisfaction when someone like something enough to buy it.

What makes you unique at Etsy?
I would say that most artists on Etsy are unique because we all create from our imaginations. There are so many wonderful artists there and they all want to sell their work and and each is
unique in their own way.


"Frog Tea Party"


"Nursery Print - Elephant"


Do you have any crafting tips to share?
I guess the only crafting tip I have is to learn as much as you can about your craft through
classes, books and the internet.

Do you have any small business tips to share?
Having a small internet business takes a lot of work. There is so much competition that you have to spend a lot of your creative energy finding ways to be seen. I personally list and renew several times a day since it's so easy to get buried on Etsy. I spend some time in the forums but mostly I find places to advertise which requires a lot of searching. I also have other online shops and a Facebook Fan Page.


Do you have any tips to share for anyone who is thinking about setting up an Etsy shop?
If you plan on setting up an Etsy Shop be prepared to promote constantly and getting known takes time..


Shop Green Eyed Butterfly at the below places:

Etsy: http://greeneyedbutterfly.etsy.com
http://www.winkelf.com/greeneyedbutterfly
Buy and Sell Handmade
: http://www.madeitmyself.com/user/greeneyedbutterf.aspx
Handmade Fusion
: http://www.handmadefusion.com/shop.php?user_id=100918
Art Cards Wanted
: http://www.artcardswanted.com/artist.cfm?MID=4243
Facebook Fan Page
: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Green-Eyed-Butterfly/91914178096

No comments:

Post a Comment