Monday, September 7, 2009

Pomegranate Lime Iced Tea

I'm fairly confident to say that I drink more ice tea than pretty much anyone, as I drink it all day every day (no exaggeration). I generally play around with our iced tea maker to come up with different flavors but I saw this recipe on realsimple.com the other day and had to try it.
It's super simple and delicious and not only do you get all the benefits of tea but all the goodness of pomegranates as well. I switched out the sugar for agave syrup to make it healthier - you can find agave syrup at your local health store.

Pomegranate Lime Iced Tea - Adapted from Real Simple

Ingredients
8 cups boiling water
8 tea bags (I used lipton but you could experiment with other teas)
2 cups pomegranate juice
3 limes, thinly sliced
1/4 agave syrup (or 1/2 cup sugar)

Directions
Pour 8 cups of boiling water into a pitcher (heat resistant). Add the tea bags and let steep for 10 minutes.
Remove the tea bags.
When the tea is cool add the pom juice, limes and agave syrup (or sugar)

Serve in a nice tall glass with lots of ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment