Monday, September 14, 2009

Peanut Butter Popcorn Best Movie Snack Ever?


Sometimes I love nothing more than curling up on the sofa and watching a movie or a really good HBO show! And of course I have to have a little something to snack on. I love popcorn but it can get a little boring so I figured why not take popcorn and slather it in one of my favorite foods (peanut butter). The results were delicious - I ate pretty much this whole bowl by myself I am ashamed to say and it only took 5 minutes to make...couldn't be simpler!

(makes a large bowl about 8 cups)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
Kosher salt (to taste)
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup of your favorite peanut butter (I recommend Skippy All Natural Extra Chunky - extra chunks = added crunch!)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
Coat the bottom of a large pan with a thin layer of vegetable oil and heat over medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels and place the lid on the pan leaving a small crack for the steam. When the popcorn starts popping move the pan back and forth rapidly to ensure evenly popped popcorn. When the popping slows down take the pan of the heat.

Pour the popcorn into a bowl and salt to taste.
IMPORTANT: Make sure you remove any unpopped kernels!

Next combine the honey and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for a minute then remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Once the peanut butter has melted mix in the vanilla then pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and stir until all the popcorn is evenly coated.

Once the popcorn has cooled carry to the couch and dive in!

No comments:

Post a Comment